Strategic benchmarking study for the pharmaceutical branch
Business activity : Pharmaceutical industry
Area of Excellence : International developmentStrategy implementations
Project objectives :
- Provide a benchmark analysis on national and international competitors/markets to help tunisian companies to position themselves against worldwide competition, thus allowing them to develop a strategy aiming at improving their competitiveness.
- Report on current statut of the branch's activity in Tunisia and weigh its current level of development compared to selected foreign countries.
- Analysis of the main economic and institutional data
Project implementation :
Branch's presentation and evolution during the past 5 years
- Analysis of current worldwide situation :
- market segmentation,
- evolution by country,
- R&D, licensing policy, "in licensing",
- the new industrial strategy,
- benchmark studies,
- threats and opportunities.
- Tunisan market survey :
- the health sector :
- medical structures, the Government's objectives, life expectancy, organisation of the branch, healthcare expenditures,
- foreign trade,
- product lines manufactured in Tunisia,
- legal environment and regulation:
- social security,
- market authorizations,
- controls and inspections,
- sale prices,
- The pharmaceutical market in Tunisia :
- size and outlook,
- market analysis by products, manufacturers, geographical zones,
- distribution networking, organisation, status, margins;
- numbers, rank, marketshare, geographical distribution,
- partnerships, exports, national market,
- manufacturing infrastructure,
- Governement's role.
- Market outlooks.
Development strategy for the tunisian pharmaceutical branch and action plan
- identification of promising niches/markets,
- manufacturing, exports,
- distribution network,
- regulations and generic products,
- recommendations for the branch upgrading (tangible and intangible aspects, global approach, identification of a marketing plan, relations with the authorities).
Funding : Commission Européenne/European Commission