Monday, 15th March 2010
The project "Development of the JIB strategic plan" financed by the EU and launched on 5th October 2008, was officially closed on March 15, 2010. The project achievements were presented to the Steering Committee in the presence of :
- Ms. Germana TOPOLOVEC, Responsible for Economic Development at the European Commission Delegation in Jordan,
- Ms. Ban AL RASHDAN, Project Manager at the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC), the Contracting Authority,
- Two JIB representatives: Mr. Elias FERRAJ, Project Manager for the JIB and Dr. Bashar AL-ZUBI, Senior Advisor to the CEO,
- The project's team: Ms. Arwa MOTHAFFAR, Policy expert, Jansette QUANDOUR, Promotion expert, Maka KHATIB, Investments promotion expert and Claire HURTEL, Project manager for BK Consultants, Mr. Dominique LECHEVIN, Team Leader and Mr. Hisham DAIRANIEH, Feasibility studies expert.
The Team implemented by BK Consultants focused on two major objectives :
- Revision and development of the Internal Strategy of the JIB and of the Investment Map and Investment Intelligence project
- Capacity building and training as well as HR development aiming at enhancing skills of JIB staff
The project mobilized 7 experts during 18 months and was carried out through 6 phases:
All outputs were delivered according to the workplan and the Project Management Unit was able to implement contingency plans when faced with constraints. Moreover, PMU responded to needs and requests of JIB management and provided additional outputs to strenghten the institution.
BK Consultants as well as its parnters in the project wish to the JIB a great success in its development and its achievements.